Are You Winter Ready?September 25, 2018
Summer is long gone and the warm weather is fading fast. This can only mean one thing, winter is coming. Follow these tips to ensure that your home is winter ready. It’s a good way to stay warm, save some money, and to keep your house protected from the cold.
1. Check that your gutters aren’t clogged with leaves or any other debris. Clogged gutters can lead to a leaky house which nobody wants or deserves.
2. Prevent pipes from freezing by draining water from outdoor faucets.
3. Stock up on the essentials like candles, a torch, and fresh batteries. Also check that your fire alarms are working properly.
4. Check your windows and see if they feel drafty. If you can’t afford new doors & windows, make an investment in curtains that fit. You’ll be surprised at the difference this can make!
5. Servicing your boiler each year is essential to ensure the safety, efficiency and reliability of your gas boiler. Always use a registered technician!
6. Inspect your fireplace and chimney before starting that fire. Uncleared debris can cause a fire or prevent your flue from closing completely. Like your gas boiler, getting your chimney cleaned once a year is a habit that you should get into.
7. Ask the Experts. If you need new insulation or windows, stop by Clondalkin Builders Providers. Our team of experts has the knowledge to help ensure that your home is winter ready.
Don’t be afraid to call or stop by the store. We love to help!